Thursday, 13 October 2016

UNIT 29 - Transcribing and analysing lyrics and music

   
TRANSCRIBING AND ANALYSING LYRICS AND MUSIC


Name of artist/group: Contact solo

Song name: 'Mi Latina'


Intended audience: The intended audience for this song would be of the ages 19-25 as the lyrics are more towards romance and love story. The targets sex would be to both genders as the singer is a male singing about a woman. Furthermore, the song would apply to socio classes of B-D, this would be because I wouldn't expect high classes such as A to be listening to R&B. This song consists if intense lyrics which shows the love the man has for the women and how he wants to be with her, so a more mature audience would be likely to listen to this. This would be the main target audience, both sexes, ages between 19 to 25.
LYRICS

  "I know you, dont say I know why i'm singing this, you got the look in your eyes, 
I got a question for you, I wanna know, what do you have that I want.
when you look at me this way.

Come on now, dont try and hide it girl,
I know' you love to say, you feel something about me. 
And I feel the same, its not hard to see.
I promise i'll be gentle, close your eyes and trust me.

CHORUS

You know that you wanted me, you said we'd never fall in love,
spend your life with me, she said she'd never felt this weak before,
yes she needed me, but i said i was gonna, said she loved me,
but now i'm all alone, she wanted me, and I refused, i'm so confused
as hard as it can be theres nothing between her and me, except this song now.


Im sorry, loves not a game, why i'm saying this, remember what we first said,
wanna talk about it. I am your man, said we'd have to stop, 
if one of us fell in love. c'mon now.

I like the way you love me girl, please dont stop now theres no shame.
you'  fell in love with me. and I did the same
its not hard to see, i swear its hard to live, 
but its stronger than me


You know that you wanted me, you said we'd never fall in love,
spend your life with me, she said she'd never felt this way before,
yes she needed me, but i said i was gonna, said she loved me,
but now i'm all alone, she wanted me, and I refused, i'm so confused
as hard as it can be theres nothing between her and me, except this song now.

come back to me, could you come back to me oh come back to me
I wish i never left ya', stronger than me yes its stronger than me
I just cant hide that with ya'.

wish i could turn back the hands of time, oh yes i say that
i just cant hide it, you'll still be in my arms.


You know that you wanted me, you said we'd never fall in love,
spend your life with me, she said she'd never felt this way before,
yes she needed me, but I said I was gonna, said she loved me,
but now i'm all alone, she wanted me, and I refused, i'm so confused
as hard as it can be theres nothing between her and me, except this song now.

oh except this song now'.

*instruments play*



Key Theme: The key theme to this song is romance and desire. This could be because of the man trying to get the attention of the woman and trying to gain her love. The name of the song 'Mi Latina' which translates form spanish to "My Girl" suggests that he wants her to be his and only his with a lot of passion. This is similar to a lot of love/romance songs as the woman is the one who is usually getting chased or being "hard to get". This would fit the theme appropriately and show the clear 
image tat the artist wants us as the audience to have.

Meaning of lyrics: The lyrics to me suggest that the singer (male) made a mistake or that he wants her back as seen in the lyrics which read "Come back to me, could you come back to me oh". This would show the regret he has in his heart and how much he is wanting hr back, also linking regret with the lyrics "said she loved me, but now i'm all alone, she wanted me, and I refused, i'm so confused", again showing that he made a mistake of refusing the woman's love for him in the first place. This heartbreak/begging for the the woman back can be seen throughout the song in various lyrics so this would be the meaning of the whole song itself.

Analytics of music: Other than the lyrics the music has a "spanish/latino" beat to it. this can be heard in the instruments and beats used. For example a Guitar and snare drums. The impact of this is that it is used to create a smooth, romantic sound and gives off a sexy and "full of passion" theme to it. This would suit the lyrics and meaning of the song as it is all about romance and getting the woman's attention. This all adds up to the effect of showing his love and feelings for this "woman" of his desires. This song for me is similar to the song 'Senorita' sung by Justin Timberlake as it has a similar theme and beat to it, using more or less the same instruments.

Analysing tempo: The tempo and beat of this song goes very smoothly and slow at times to focus on the emotion in the lyrics. This would've been the focus of the artist as its the message he wants to get across and what he wants the aim of the song to be. The tempo of this song effects the amount of emotion that would have to be put into certain parts of the song.

Applying to music video: I would apply this to my own music video by having a male and female, as these are the main characters in the song, I would have the male. which could be me, trying to get the attention of a female. This would be vital as it is the main theme and the lyrics of the song consist of a man trying to win back this woman who is giving him the cold shoulder. In terms of actual visuals id have the male wearing casual smart clothes, that of which you would wear to a date like a nice shirt and chinos, whilst the female could be seen doing casual walking down a street whilst she is oblivious to my love. This would show that he is desperate for the woman's attention.

Denotations and Connotations of lyrics: The lyrics in the song may have a deeper meaning to what is actually said. For example when he says "as hard as it can be theres nothing between her and me" This may suggest that although they have had their hard times he thinks that there isn't really anything to argue about between the two, this shows that he wants to get together with her again. Furthermore, when he said "stronger than me yes its stronger than me I just cant hide that with ya'" he might have been referring to his love for her being stronger than he is hence why he cant stop thinking about her and wants her so badly. This is a clear connotation of how the artist really feels and how he has represented this in the lyrics.



No comments:

Post a Comment